Friday, April 20, 2007

Makin' Miters

Miters Round 1

This is what I was swatching for.

I can't keep up with the breakneck speed at January One, but I am cranking them out in my own way.

It's to be a baby blanket, just four squares of four mitres each, plus a nice deep border.

Per Kay, I'm using the no-sew method.

Per Alice, I've made a checklist. And a diagram.

Le Checklist

Per AmberCake, I am using all navy (faux indigo), all the time as one color, and at least three yarns for the bright stripes in every square.

My main yarns are:
-Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim Aran: Navy blue main color (discontinued)
-Araucania Patagonia Nature Cotton: Vareigated thick-and-thin cotton - this stuff is really really awesome

My accent colors are brought in with:
-Reynold's Saucy: nice mercerized cotton solids - these are most of the brightest colors
-Rowan Handknitting Cotton
-Blue Sky Alpacas Cotton
-Manos del Uruguay Cotton
-Cascade Luna

I'm actually a little surprised that I'm counting only seven yarns there. If you count all the colors of all the yarns, it's from at least 15, I think. Just because I Am That Way About The Yarn Colors. And Textures.

4 Comments:

Blogger futuregirl said...

I am *so* loving the chart. :) The miter blanket is going to rock. It already looks awesome.

4/24/2007 8:46 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

Hey, thanks for the heathered/marle breakdown! That makes sense and I feel so much more educated now!

4/26/2007 6:57 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

I looove the way that blanket is looking. Great color choices. And congrats on doing your homework. I don't think I'm capable of that much planning -- must knit! Then plan. Alas, this is why I will never produce fashionable knitwear.

4/26/2007 10:41 PM  
Blogger kelli ann & lorie said...

gaw-geous.

4/27/2007 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home