Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Laundry Quilt

Laundry Line Quilt

A clothesline quilt, hanging on my mother's clothesline. Made in 1976 by my Auntie M and my Unk J for my big brother.

Laundry Line Quilt Detail 1


I love the simple graphic quality of this thing. I think the design and execution are just brilliant. I don't know if they made up the whole thing or used a pattern or had an inspiration from somewhere, but it doesn't matter - they made it, and this quilt is sharp.

Laundry Line Quilt Detail 2

I realized yesterday that it belongs to a family of quilts that Hillary at Wee Wonderfuls has made: kid quilts with large representational graphics. Here's snippets of her cars & trucks quilt, a tree quilt, and a barn quilt.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely!!

Congratulations :)

8/22/2007 12:03 PM  
Blogger Di said...

That quilt is adorable! I love the idea and thanks for sharing Wee Wonderfuls quilts with us!!

9/04/2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

thanks for your contribution to the semantics of a "good 45 mins" :)
very funny and I think you're right!

9/06/2007 1:05 AM  
Blogger Cindra said...

I made one very similar to this for my son who was born in 1982. I still have it and love it.

9/07/2007 8:37 PM  
Blogger pattybvt said...

I was so surprised to see your quilt; my mother-in-law made this same quilt for my daughter when she was born. The funny thing is that my MIL was so excited about the birth that she forgot the baby's name and "thought" it was Jennifer. She started to embroider that name and luckily a family friend realized her mistake and advised her that the name should be "Stephanie". It's an awesome heirloom.

9/11/2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Love that quilt!

9/24/2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Tena said...

My mother made this quilt in the late 60s early 70s. I have been looking for this pattern. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Tena

1/14/2010 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home