Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rainbow of Miters, Baby Blanket

The big reveal, taken at the very last moment before we left it in Berlin with the mother-to-be and dashed away to the airport.

Rainbow Miters Baby Blanket

Details:
Yarn: all cotton: Debbie Bliss Cotton Aran, color #510 (dark blue), Araucania Patagonia Nature Cotton, Reynolds Saucy, Rowan 4-ply, Blue Sky Cotton, Manos del Uruguay Cotton

Pattern: Variation on miter formula and no-sew formula from Mason-Dixon Knitting

Needles: Crystal Palace dpns size 6. With rubber bands on the ends, and actually rather too short at the beginning of a square, but I was too cheap and too excited to start to go buy new ones. Yes, I laughed at myself the entire time.

Started: April 2007?
Finished: June 26, 2007 (with many breaks inbetween)

Best part of the making: My dear husband couldn't bear to watch me weave in all those ends by myself, so he asked for a needle and did quite a few of them himself.

Rainbow Miters Baby Blanket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. Normally, I can take or leave miters, but I love that yours has such great symmetry with the same color in each block. Nice work!

7/10/2007 8:05 AM  
Blogger futuregirl said...

I love it so much. It's beautiful! :)

7/11/2007 10:00 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I barely barely knit but I have seen this pattern and love it. It really makes me want to take up my needles and give it a try! If I do, I might need to pick your brain :)..Great job!

7/19/2007 10:34 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Very nice riff on the psychedelic melody! And your doll quilt is wonderful, too. Happy trails to Germany and wherever else you and Mr. Cake (great marital nicknaming) roam in Europe.

9/21/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home