Monday, September 24, 2007

Most Requested Picture

Six Months

Six months. Picture taken last weekend in San Francisco. In case you're wondering where I found palm trees in Brooklyn.

Hadn't said anything because... uh, you may notice I don't post much at all - lack of time, not lack of interest.

And? I don't know what else to say about it. There's something horribly formulaic about being a craftblogger being a woman who is or will be home with small children. About women and where we've found we can find satisfying pursuits? About men and where they aren't free to tread?

Those questions are so vague, I'm sure they could invite all manner of comments interpreting and misinterpreting what I'm saying. But that's all I have to say. I don't have any answers or posit any theories, it's just... a funny thing. Blogging about craft stuff is cool and I started just in the hopes of playing a little with the community and to give maybe a little back to the craftbloggers I've gotten so much inspiration and really great information from. Now, somehow, it feels very funny to me to be even more a part of the MotherCraftBlogger gang. There are a LOT of craftbloggers who aren't mothers, who have grown children, who aren't women or childbearers. But, um, I think I'm joining a majority, significant in proportion, and significant in implication.

Now, don't fret - I'm totally excited to have a baby. I have the right partner, it's the right time for us. Of course, it's big and crazy and overwhelming, but the excitement and goodness outweigh that by far. I'm just finding it very strange in relation to craftblogging.

6 Comments:

Blogger ritacor said...

Congratulations for your pregnancy!!
All the best to you :)

9/24/2007 3:41 PM  
Blogger futuregirl said...

I believe that "horribly" and "formulaic" are two words that go together like peanut butter and jelly ... but I think you will avoid the "formulaic", which will make the "horribly" unnecessary.

You will be interestingly unconventional ... that's my guess. :)

9/24/2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Hey there - Just a little note to apologize for my tardiness in getting your doll quilt to you. I had some unforeseen issues - machine related, kid related, life related, and I apologize. There really is no excuse. I only have the label left to do and it will be on its way. I promise to send some special goodies along with it to help make amends!

9/24/2007 6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't look THAT pregnant in real life. Awesome picture!

Still reaching for the Mitzvah uptown.....

10/01/2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger kelli ann & lorie said...

best luck:: all the negative or potentially-negative stuff aside. congratulations, what a nice surprise to find this picture today! hope all goes well

10/01/2007 1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the picture! You look wonderful! All of our love and best wishes to Team W!

10/05/2007 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home