Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Blanket Continues

The Blanket continues apace. Much more apace than I've been showing. More apace than I will show you now, even, but here's some of the progress.

Marvelous Miters Mightier Together!
There is a stripe being knitted on (mid-row, hence the bunching). I was going to claim rebel status for their non-square forming formation, but it may be just a fear that they would dominate the blanket if assembled into a bigger square.

Miters Mightier Together

Try Them Triangles!

So much longer now. Note the string. I felt ingenious adding the string. I tied it on when I laid everything out approximately One Hundred and Thirty-Nine days ago (I'm not counting) (I'm calculating) and saw approximately how much longer it should be. Tied the cotton string on so I'd be able to see my status. In typical non-committal fashion, I haven't done a final half-triangle or bound off yet, it's on a stitch marker.

Wide TrianglesWide Triangles

Bubbling Bias!
Oh, the reasons to lightly felt this blanket, they are many. The sin hiding I hope to accomplish therewith, it is great. I did a variation of a regular garter-stitch bias square in seed stitch. Saw that two of them were lookin' real good together, and could use two more friends. After sewing up, realized they really have an honest bubble to them, not just a too-lazy to smooth them for photos bubble. Looking at the photo some more, I begin to contemplate actually blocking this before sewing it with the rest and felting. Don't worry, it won't go any farther than contemplation. Seed stitch bias squares for finer work will require further tinkering. For now, Onwards!

Bias Together

If you're still reading here, you may be interested in what I've been eating this week. Which is to say, LOTS. The Jeff Next Door has been cooking up a Storm of Asian Goodness. Read all about it over there .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very pretty color combos.

12/01/2006 5:22 PM  
Blogger futuregirl said...

Lookin' great! I love those cuddly autumn colors. I can't wait to see the cacophony of shapes become one big harmonious blanket. :)

12/03/2006 2:03 AM  
Blogger AmberCake said...

Thanks!

12/05/2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger Carson said...

I just read through your conceptual overview of short row shaping on 6.5 stitches.
Now that is the sort of explanation that makes sense to me...way to cut thru' the crap!
Thanks so much.
And I get to discover your blog. I like what I see.

12/06/2006 6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home