Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A Brief Post in Celebration of the Well-Woven End

I love stripes.

It's good I don't mind weaving in the ends.

Ends!

I always love it when people tell me how they do what they do, so here's what I do: Weave on the subway. By which I mean to say, do some duplicate-stitch with the leftover ends, because you can, and it's so much better than having this fat old incongrous line through your knitting because you just went straight through a few stitches and came straight back. Duplicate stitch on seed stitch is wacky, but still fun and doable. Also, as with all things, fake it - if you've got too many in one line, too close to a corner, whatever - just kind make it in-and-out-y, more than straight-line-back-and-forth-y.

Ends! In So Nice!

Do NOT get out the scissors on the subway.

When you are sitting in the stability of a chair in your home, your office, or someone elses home, get your scissors out, cut off the ends of the ends you've woven in, and beam with pride at all that work you've done.

Quiet evidence of Lots of Work

Marvel at the way you can't even see where they were.

Ends! So Many! So Nice!

Marvel at how many stripes you've made.

The Big Layout, Take 2

Wheeeeeeee!

Now there are design decisions to be made...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is truly a work art. It's looking really [expletive] amazing.

12/20/2006 12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A work *of* art, I meant...

12/20/2006 12:01 AM  
Blogger marcisenders said...

Oh my gosh...It's incredible!!!

12/20/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Carson said...

woah...striperama!
love the photo of all the snipped-off ends too.

12/20/2006 4:20 PM  
Blogger futuregirl said...

The blanket looks amazing! Wonderful! OMFG. There isn't enough hyperbole to express how utterly stunned I am the blanket's beauty. Wow.

12/21/2006 8:32 AM  
Blogger AmberCake said...

Aw, shucks. It ain't done yet, and I have to take pictures of the ends just so I know I've been working on it!

12/21/2006 9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home